These are the terms and conditions of use and service for www.matchmeajob.com and any mobile applications we make available from time to time (Terms). The website is operated by Match Me A Job Limited (we, us and our). We are a limited company, registered in England. Our registered company number is 09218314, and our registered office is at 86-90 Paul Street, London, EC2A 4NE.
The usage of the website will be subject to these Terms and Conditions, and by using the website you agree to be bound by them.
Registering with matchmeajob.com
In order to register you must:
- Be an individual who is 18 years old or older.
- You must sign up directly on the website, completing any mandatory fields in order to sign up successfully.
- To consent to receive regular email of job alerts.
At any point you can update your account with details and information in regards to your job preferences, detailing the scope of skills you would like to employ, location and geographical information as well as your interest in forms of work, be it permanent, contract, temporary or other.
All and any information that you provide to use when registering an account must be true and accurate to the best of your knowledge and understanding. It is your responsibility to ensure that information in your account is kept up to date with any relevant changes and/or information.
We reserve the right in our discretion to refuse to register any given prospective user. We hold the right to withhold the reasoning for doing so.
Job matches and our role
We operate the website as a platform and means for you to be matched with jobs and to apply and make contact with entities offering those jobs (Job Providers). Like most recruitment companies, we also have access to job boards which we may search for suitable candidates (job seekers) and contact them in regards to potentially matching positions listed on matchmeajob.com.
We may match you with a job posted on the website based on your CV, account information, location, skills and attributes. You acknowledge, understand and agree that such suggestions do not amount to an endorsement or acknowledgement of that Recruiters job offering.
If you decide to accept a job with a Job Provider you acknowledge and agree that will be on a basis of contract between you and the Job Provider on terms agreed between you and the Job Provider and that we shall not be a party nor privy to that contract and shall not be held responsible or liable in any way for the performance of the contract, the quality of the contract, the safety, timeliness or any other aspect of any such jobs offered by the Job Provider or accepted by you.
Access to the website
It is your responsibility to ensure your equipment (computer, laptop, netbook, Chromebook, tablet, mobile phone, desktop or other device) meets all the necessary technical specifications and requirements to enable you to access and use the website and is compatible with the website.
We cannot guarantee the continuous, uninterrupted or error-free operability of the website. There may be times when certain features, parts, content of the website or entire website, become unavailable on either a scheduled or unscheduled basis. Certain features, parts, content of the website or entire website may become modified, suspended or withdrawn by us, in our sole discretion, without notice to you. You agree that we will not be liable to you or to any third party for any unavailability, modification, suspension or withdrawal of the website.
What you are allowed to do
You may only use the website for non-commercial use and only in accordance with these Terms and Conditions. You may retrieve, display or obtain content from the website on a computer screen, print and copy individual pages and subject to the next section, store such pages in electronic form. Additional terms may also apply to certain features, parts or pieces of content of the website, and where they apply, will be displayed on-screen or accessible via a link.
What you are not allowed to do
Except to the extent expressly set out in these Terms, you are not allowed to:
- store pages of the website on a server (be it physical or virtual) or other storage device connected to a network or create an electronic database by systematically downloading and storing all of the pages of the website;
- use the website in any way that is illegal or fraudulent, use the website with the intent for illegal or fraudulent purposes, or has any illegal or fraudulent purpose or effect;
- remove, alter or change any content of the website or attempt to circumvent security or interfere with the proper working of the website or the servers on which it is hosted;
- use the website to transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam);
- use the website to knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware, malware or any other harmful programs, pieces of software or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware;
- attempt to gain unauthorised access to the website, the server on which the website is stored, or any server, computer or database connected to the website; or
- reproduce, duplicate, copy or re-sell any part of the website in contravention of these Terms.
- You must only use the website and anything available from the website for lawful purposes (complying with all applicable laws and regulations), in a responsible manner, and not in a way that might damage our name or reputation or that of any of our affiliates.
All rights granted to you under these Terms and Conditions will terminate immediately in the event that you are in breach of any of them.
Intellectual property rights
All intellectual property rights in any content of the website (including text, graphics, software, photographs and other images, videos, sound, trade marks, logos and text) are owned by us or our licensors. Except as expressly set out here, nothing in these Terms gives you any rights in respect of any intellectual property owned by us or our licensors and you acknowledge that you do not acquire any ownership rights by downloading content from the website. In the event you print off, copy or store pages from the website (only as permitted by these Terms), you must ensure that any copyright, trade mark or other intellectual property right notices contained in the original content are reproduced.
We may change the format and content of the website from time to time. You agree that your use of the website is on an ‘as is’ and ‘as available’ basis and at your sole risk.
Whilst we try to make sure that all information contained on the website (other than any user-generated content) is correct and up to date, it is not intended to amount to authority or advice on which reliance should be placed. You should check with us or the relevant information source before acting on any such information.
Unless expressly stated to the contract, we make or give no representation or warranty as to the accuracy, completeness, currency, correctness, reliability, integrity, quality, fitness for purpose or originality of any content of the website and, to the fullest extent permitted by law, all implied warranties, conditions or other terms of any kind are hereby excluded and we accept no liability for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of you or anyone else using the website or relying on any of its content or information.
We cannot and do not guarantee that any content of the website will be free from viruses and/or other code that may have contaminating, destructive or malicious elements. It is your responsibility to implement appropriate IT security safeguards (including anti-virus and other security checks) to satisfy your particular needs and requirements as to the safety and reliability of content.
The website will include links to external sites, which may include links to third party offers and promotions. We include these to provide you with access to information, products or services that you may find useful or interesting. We are not responsible for the content of these sites or for anything provided by them and do not guarantee that they will be continuously available. The fact that we include links to such external sites does not imply any endorsement of/ or association with their operators, companies or promoters.
By signing up, you gain access to our free job matching services and consent to receive regular email of job advertisement and your details being shared with carefully selected partners within our network of job sites. As a job seeker you will from time to time receive details of jobs from our partner network based on your preferences. We are not responsible for the content of these sites or for anything provided by them and do not guarantee that they will be continuously available. You can update your preferences or unsubscribe at any time.
We may also disclose your personal information to any of our affiliates, or to our agents or contractors who assist us in providing the services we offer through the Site, processing transactions, fulfilling requests for information, receiving and sending communications, updating marketing lists, analysing data, providing support services or in other tasks, from time to time. Our agents and contractors will only use your information to the extent necessary to perform their functions.
In the event that we undergo re-organisation or are sold to a third party, you agree that any personal information we hold about you may be transferred to that re-organised entity or third party.
Service suspension and termination
We may, from time to time, with or without prior notice, temporarily suspend the operation of the website or any service we offer on the website (in whole or in part) for repair or maintenance work or in order to update or upgrade any contents, features or functionality.
We may suspend or terminate any service or content if we need to do so in order to comply with legal or regulatory requirements, provided that we will give you as much of a notice period as we reasonably can.
We may, with or without prior notice, suspend, terminate or modify your account, the website and any services we offer through the website if you have breached any of these Terms.
You may de-register at any time writing in to us with your request to de-register. We will retain information you have submitted to us as required for our records in accordance with applicable law. We will remove information you have submitted to us if specifically requested by you in writing.
Nothing in these Terms shall limit or exclude our liability or responsibility to you for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or for fraudulent misrepresentation or any other liability that may not, under English law, be limited or excluded. Subject to this, in no event shall we be liable or responsible to you for any business losses and any liability we do have for losses you suffer is strictly limited to losses that were reasonably foreseeable.
These Terms shall be governed by English law, and you agree that any dispute between you and us regarding them or the website will only be dealt with by the English courts, provided that, if you are a consumer and not a business user and live in a part of the United Kingdom other than England, the applicable law of that part of the United Kingdom will govern and any dispute will only be dealt with by the courts there. Nothing shall prevent us from bringing proceedings to protect our intellectual property rights before any competent court.
We may collect and process the following information about you:
Information such as your name, address, contact number, email address, CV, your job preferences that you provide by signing up on the site and your log-in and password details.
It is not obligatory to provide such information but should you choose to withhold requested information, we may not be able to provide you with a service.
Cookies are small text files which a website may put on your computer or mobile device when you first visit a website. Cookies are widely used by websites to help remember small amounts of information and give you a better experience using the website. For example, a cookie will help the website to recognise your device the next time you visit so you don’t have to log on again, they will remember what items you placed in a shopping basket or recall your preferences such as which language you want to read a site in.
- Remember that you have visited us before
- Collect anonymous statistical information about how you use the Site (including how long your visit lasts) so that we can keep improving the site
- Some of the cookies used by the site are set by us, and some are set by third parties who are delivering services on our behalf
- Most web browsers automatically accept cookies but, if you prefer, you can change your browser to prevent that or to notify you each time a cookie is set. You can also learn more about cookies by visiting www.allaboutcookies.org which includes additional useful information on cookies and how to block cookies using different types of browser. Please note, however, that by blocking or deleting cookies used on the Site, you may not be able to take full advantage of the Site.
- Creating a specific log-in session for a visitor to the Website in order that the Website remembers that a visitor is logged in and that their page requests are delivered in an effective, secure and consistent manner;
- Recognising when a visitor to the Website has visited before allowing us to identify the number of unique visitors we receive to the Website and make sure we have enough capacity for the number of users that we get;
- Recognising when a visitor to the Website is a registered member;
- We may also log information from your computer including the existence of cookies, your IP address and information about your browser program in order to allow us to diagnose problems, administer and track your usage of our services;
Performance and measurement
collecting statistical information about how our visitors use the site so we can keep improve the site for our users.
The Site will contain links to external sites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or the content of such sites.
Retention of your information
We will retain information you have submitted to us as required for our records in accordance with applicable law. We will remove information you have submitted to us if specifically requested by you in writing.
Storage of your information
Information that you submit via the Site is sent to and stored on secure servers located in the EEA or USA. This is necessary in order to process the information. Information submitted by you may be transferred by us to our other offices and/or to the third parties mentioned in the circumstances described above (see information sharing), which may be situated outside the European Economic Area (EEA) and may be processed by staff operating outside the EEA. The countries concerned may not have similar data protection laws to the EEA. Where we transfer your information we will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your privacy rights continue to be protected. By submitting information via the Site, you agree to this storing, processing and/or transfer.
You have a legal right under the Data Protection Act 1998 to a copy of all the personal information about you held by us. On request, we will provide you with a copy of this information. In some cases, it may be subject to a fee not exceeding £10. You also have a right to correct any errors in that information. As mentioned above, you have a right to prevent the use of your personal information for direct marketing purposes.
Match Me A Job Ltd. 86-90 Paul Street, London, EC2A 4NE
This document was last updated on 25/05/2016.